It’s the season of ghouls, goblins, and all things spooky. But that doesn’t mean you should let this creepiness creep into your marketing game. The idea of trying new marketing tactics—particularly ones that have a price tag attached—can be daunting (or in October, haunting). But with an expert like MadCap by your side, there’s perhaps no better time to take a chance on new tactics and reap the marketing rewards. Here’s why:
There are so awesome options many to choose from.
We hope you’re taking full advantage of the wide array of marketing services offered by MadCap Marketing. Why? Because it means you’re reaching your customers in multiple ways, through many mediums, and with tailored messaging. It takes more time and effort, but we’ve seen proof that taking a comprehensive approach to your marketing can put you leaps and bounds ahead of your competition.
Here’s a shortlist of tactics for a healthy, robust marketing plan:
- Emails: eNewsletters, Blog Post Emails, Behavior-Driven Emails
- Social Media
- Grassroots and Networking
- Advertising (Print and Digital)
- Public Relations
- Pay Per Click (PPC)
- Blog Creation and Promotion
- Website Optimization and SEO
Your customers get information and make decisions in different ways.
Just like there is no one-size-fits-all marketing plan, there is no one-size-fits-all customer. While you may have your target market nailed down, consumers get their information and make decisions in many different ways. Maximize your marketing efforts by hitting as many outlets as your budget will allow.
For instance, if you’ve already found success advertising on Facebook, consider broadening your horizons to Instagram. Are billboards your go-to? Double up on your efforts with matching digital branding to hit clients out on the road and on their phone. With marketing, repetition is your friend.
Fall is so hot right now.
Okay, not literally. But can you scroll through social media or get through a series of commercials without hearing about fall—or even crazier, the holidays? It’s all about pumpkin spice lattes, Halloween, or yuletide preparation. People are paying attention now as we bundle up, make our holiday shopping lists, and get ready for the New Year ahead.
Like it or not, it’s a good idea to take advantage of the increased consumerism of the season. Here are a few ideas:
- Host a community event or open house (fall or holiday themed)
- Write a fall or holiday themed blog and post to your social media channels
- Offer a themed promotion or discount (Ideas: wear a costume to place of business to receive X% off, social media contest for best costume idea, encourage social media followers to share favorite holiday tradition to win an item/service)
- Create fall or holiday themed videos for social media, eNewsletters, and your website
- Consider sponsorship or advertising during holiday events or in accompanying marketing materials and guides
If the idea of expanding your tactical marketing efforts leaves you feeling a bit spooked, contact MadCap Marketing. Our team of the area’s leading strategists, advertisers, writers, and designers will craft the right brew of tailored tactics quicker than you can say double, double, toil, and trouble. (No cauldron required.)
Happy Halloween from MadCap Marketing!